The Pittsburgh District is a diversified, full-service Civil Works District, performing design, construction, operations, and maintenance services to five states within our region. We are responsible for flood damage reduction, recreation, environmental restoration, hydropower, storm damage reduction, regulatory, water supply, and emergency response.
The Pittsburgh District supports small businesses through:
- Attending and supporting national and local small business trade shows and conferences
- Counseling and educating small businesses via phone and face-to-face interaction
- Providing informational handouts, pamphlets, and brochures about doing business with the Pittsburgh District
- Interfacing with Small Business Development Centers, Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, Minority Business Outreach Centers, and Veterans Business Groups within our region.
We are proactive in ensuring that these businesses receive maximum practicable opportunities to participate in and receive a fair share of contracts awarded.
We require the support of large prime contractors in awarding meaningful subcontracts to the small business community through including subcontracting plans as a requirement of the prime contract.
The Pittsburgh District fully supports all federal programs established for the benefit of all small business groups, including:
- Small Disadvantaged
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
For more information about what we do and to access additional resources, see the links on the right.